Monday, July 21, 2008

Little Pink Jewels

Marty: Lora, did you ever see pictures of me when I was little?

Lora: No.

Marty: I had freckles all over my face.

Lora: I bet they called you "freckle face."

Marty: They did. I can't believe you never saw pictures of me when I was little.

Lora: No. I only saw pictures of you when Bubby and Sissy were little -- back when you had the black hair-do.

                                            ****

Lora had to spend the day with Grandma and Pappy at their apartment.  Uh oh. Only one TV:

Me: What did you do today?
Lora: Grandma made me watch a movie about the war. I think it was World War II. It had yellow writing. Did you ever see that one?

                                                ****

The next day, I ask Lora if she wants to go to Grandma and Pappy's, or to her Nana's. She picks the former:

"Cause if I go to Nana's, I'll have to work on her computer and clean my room and all that nonsense."

                                               ****


Me: If you have to choose between singing and dancing this year, which will you choose?
Lora: Ummmm... I think singing. I'm not that into dancing anymore.
Me (trying to be diplomatic): And you're a better singer than you are a dancer.
Lora: It's OK that you said that.
                                           ****
I took Lora to see Mama Mia tonight. On the way home, she asks me:
Mom, did you ever sing with your deodorant?
                                             *****
Lora: Mom, you're kinda cranky today. Did you have a bad day at work or something?

                                              ****

Lora: I hate bees and wasps.

Marty: Why is that?

Lora: Cause I got stung by one at Nana's house. I was four. I've hated  'em for three years now.






 

No comments: