Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It has been too long since I have updated this blog.

I am sorry for that. Not so much for the two readers who follow it, but for me. And for her.

My baby girl is growing up. Too fast. And I don't just mean because she is nearly as tall as me.

She reads J-14 and 16 Magazine. She loves the Jonas Brothers. And Taylor Lautner. And Taylor Swift. She knows they are dating.

She still watches the Disney Channel (thank God), but she also has discovered The Nanny on Nick-at-Nite. She laughs at her clothes and hair.

She played her first sport this year -- volleyball. Coached by her dad. She did great! The team finished second in the (three-team) league. The first time she wore her uniform, she proclaimed, "I'm a sporter!" And she made us take her to the Sports Pub for a burger -- "Cause I'm a sporter now!"

But she is still a little girl. I still watch her walk to her friend's house across the street. I still won't let her wait for the bus alone. Or get off it. She still wants to snuggle at night and in the morning. But she wants to shave her legs.

And she still makes her list for Santa. Of course, now she goes to ToysRUs.com to do it, pouring over all the wonderful items. She wants a DS game system. And a Barbie camper. (I wanted a Barbie camper too when I was a kid.)

As her list stretched on and on, she paused.

"Do you think Santa will be able to bring all this stuff?" she asked.

Nice of her to ask.

"I don't know," I replied. "What do you think?"

"Maybe I should pick a few things," she said.

She's a good kid.

No comments: