Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Catching up

So sue me... I'm a terrible mom.

I haven't chronicled EVERYTHING my child has done in the last year. Almost a year...

Hey. I do have a life.

So what has she done since November when I last told you (my, what, TWO readers) what she was up to?

She turned 9.

She grew another three inches.

She cut her hair short.

She stopped wearing dresses every day.

She stopped wearing pink every day.

She played basketball, finishing the season with ONE basket, ONE rebound and ONE steal.

She played volleyball again, struggling to serve the ball over the net with any real consistency.

She learned how to make a Power Point video and upload it to YouTube.

She learned that Miley Cyrus is no longer a good role model for her (her words, not mine!)

She learned about a TV show called "Glee," with kids who can sing.

She found a fabulous new singing teacher who is really helping her voice mature.

She learned that girls can be mean. And fickle.

She still wants to cuddle at night and early in the morning.

She still comes to me when she has a bad dream.

She still hates to take a bath and eat at the table.

And she still hasn't learned how to put away her laundry or pick her dirty socks off the floor.

She IS learning to write. Rather, she knows how to write. Rather well. She writes stories, poems, songs. Sometimes they are so good I want to ask her where she read that. I'm really thinking, "There is no way my 9-year-old child could have written that." But she did.

So, really, not very much has changed in the last year.

She still just amazes me. And steals my heart every day.

No comments: